How to Recover a Hacked Facebook Account.

Hello readers, as I have written many posts regarding Facebook category, today, I'm writing one more post. Daily, we can see a lot of facebook accounts getting hacked. People were confused about what to do when their accounts get hacked.

Nowadays, even elders are using Facebook a lot. But they might not have some technical knowledge about this hacking stuff. So I've decided to write a simple procedure about How to Recover a Hacked Facebook Account which might help all people. Just follow these simple recovery steps which I wrote below,

Steps for Recovering a Hacked Facebook Account:

TIP: Try to do this below Recovery Process from a DEVICE you usually use (or) a LOCATION (Ip Address) you usually use your FB Account!

Becoz, if you perform the process from a Recognised Device or Location, then FB will think that you're the real owner and help you more easily in gaining back your account!

First-of-all, you have to visit "My Account Is Compromised" page on facebook. So click here to visit that page.

Now click, "My Account Is Compromised" button and you'll be redirected to 'Find Your Account' page. Now you have to identify your Fb account either by entering your Email id or Username or Phone no or your profile's Full name.

Find-my-hacked-facebook-account

[Tip: If the hacker has changed your email id, phone no in your account in order to prevent you from recovery, then try to search by entering the Username

'Coz the hacker can change email id, mobile no but he cannot change your username which you already set! So I hope that you understood my logic!! πŸ™‚

Or even try searching by your 'Profile Name' ]

Don't know what is your 'Username'? or forgot?

As of now, unless you successfully identify your account, you cannot recover your hacked account. πŸ™  So try to identify your account with all your trials.

So once you've identified your account, it will ask you to 'Enter a Current or Old Password'. Of course, if you know the current password, you won't be here on this page, lol. πŸ˜€

So enter your old password which you kept for that account.

my-facebook-account-was-hacked-old-password

Now when you enter your old password, it will ask you to 'Reset Your Password'. So click it.

So, now you should be on 'Reset Your Password' page. Well, here there are 2 cases,

a) If you can see your email id or cell no and if you have access to them, then use any of those options to reset the password. So follow the next steps on the screen and you'll successfully gain your account. That's it. Now you can leave this post. πŸ™‚

If you have any doubts, you can ask it in the below comment box. πŸ™‚

b​) If the hacker has also hacked your email account or maybe he removed the existing email id or cell no in your Fb account, then click the option 'No longer have access to these?'.

So when you click 'No longer have access to these?', you'll be redirected to 'How can we reach you?' page. Now enter your new email id or phone no so that Facebook will send you further details about your account recovery process.

So now when you enter your new email id or cell no, then you'll be taken to a page which has any one of the 4 cases below depending upon your profile settings,

I mean, it varies from profile to profile!

CASE A:

A)  "Ask your trusted contacts for help" [If you have already set "Trusted contacts" to your Fb Accnt]

You  can  check  this  pic  for  example!

[ or ]

​CASE B:

B)  "Ask your friends for help " [If you haven't set "Trusted contacts" to your Fb Accnt]

You  can  check  this  pic  for  example!

Note:  Here in this case, some random 5 friends in your account will be automatically selected by Facebook on its own! So you should contact any 3 of them to collect the codes!

If you don't know any of those 5 friends, I mean If you haven't got their Phone no's to call or Email id's to ping them, then I can't help you! :'(

[ ​or ]

CASE C:

C)  "Filling the Form - I Can't Log In " [If you haven't set "Trusted contacts" to your Fb Accnt (or) If you haven't set Email Address]

You  can  check  this  pic  for  example!

[or ]

CASE D:

UPDATE: Facebook has stopped this option at present! I haven't seen this case running any more! πŸ™

D)  "Answer Your Security Question" [If you had set "Security Question" to your FB accnt before 1 year ago, as of now I can't find any option of "Security Question" in my 'Profile Settings']

You  can  check  this  pic  for  example!

So now When you have successfully solved the given case for you then you'll be asked to choose a new password. So create a new strong password.

Like If you get either Case A or Case B of Step 6 then after entering all the 3 codes correctly, you'll be asked to choose a new password. So create a new strong password. πŸ™‚

new-password-facebook-account-hacked

Or if you got Case C, then after submitting your ID picture, Fb Staff will review it and you’ll get a message from them to your new email inbox of which you have submitted in Step 5b.

There in the mail, based upon on the ID picture which you submitted, they will respond and guide you the next recovery steps!

Or let's assume that if you got Case D, Which is no longer provided by FB officially, but even though I'm guiding this case too just for my readers' safety,

So when you have successfully answered your security question, then you’ll be asked to choose a new password. So create a new strong password.

So after you choose a new password, you’ll get a message to your new email inbox of which you have submitted in Step5b. So in that message, there will be a link which will be given by Facebook to confirm your identity. So click it!!

So when you clicked that link, you have successfully recovered your account. Now all you need to do is, – to come back after 24hrs. After 24 hrs, just log in to your FB with new email id, new password!!

So that’s it, guys. This is the whole process to recover a hacked facebook account. πŸ™‚

Simple Tip to be shared with your Friends

What to do immediately when your Facebook account was hacked?

Guys, the easiest way is, to go to your   E-mail inbox and open the mail about which Facebook sent you when someone logged in or changed your password, and  click the link in that email and follow the guidelines mentioned in it!

It works in all situations even if the hacker has changed the mail address and anything else. And always remember to keep your E-Mail Inbox secure at high priority than anything else. Never use the same password for your Fb account and e-mail account. πŸ˜‰

So I hope you’ll find this tutorial as helpful for you to regain your hacked account. Also please share this post with others and help us to grow by spreading our content to your friends. If you have any doubts or problems regarding this recovery process, then you can ask it in below comments. πŸ™‚

Spread the Word!
Avinash S

He is from Andhra Pradesh, India. With studies, he loves to blog every day with his laptop. He likes computer and other related stuff a lot and he is a great music lover. You can catch him on:Β Β Facebook, Google+

• aws says:

hello
    my facebook account hacked
    when i try to get it back by trusted friend code
    the hacker disable it because the 24hr
    how can i pass 24hr or i will never get it back

• Cynthia says:

Bro, what if he changed the username?

• Nain Ali says:

If bro For Exp Hacker Hacked My Facebook Account And Change Pasward after Change pasward he Disable Hacked Account And Forget My Email Adress Pasward Then What I do???

• Avinash S says:

Still you can try to find your account by following STEP 2 of the post, once you found your account, then try the remaining procedure of this post!

• Whether this can also be used for forgotten password recovery?

• Logging into Facebook and finding that your account has been hacked or compromised can be unsettling and aggravating.

• Dan Schemerhorn says:

I have done EVERYTHING under the Sun and it ALWAYS leads to this message below:

We’ll get in touch with you at the email address you provided after we’ve reviewed your ID. You will now be logged out of Facebook.

No one ever gets in touch other than to say my account is taken care of and I can get in, BUT I CAN NOT get in.

Any thoughts or ideas????

• mimi says:

hey my facebook has been closed because i tried many times incorrect password. i send them a picture of my id and now when i’m trying to login in it shows : We have successfully reviewed your ID and sent an email to the address you provided. Please click the link in the email to regain access to your account.
    ps : i didnt get any email i tried to repeat it alot but nothing changed

• kiara says:

hi there,

if i recently changed my email address and password in recovering my account. Will the hacker can access my account in 24 hrs? or can he still access messenger in his mobile? i just have read this, and I believe the user has still access to messenger as she can be seen online in my friend phone.

• Avinash S says:

Hey? In that case, click “End all activity” option here – “https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=security&section=sessions” so that the hacker has to type again the id, password in messenger as it get’s signed out when you click “End all activity” option!

• Noor ali Rizvi says:

Please help me, my facebook account cant log in but keeps giving me this message belw .

• Avinash S says:

Nothing we can do except waiting! :/

• Noor ali Rizvi says:

Dear Sir :
        Could you Please tell me How long will it take ? That they give me access to my account or reactivate my account back . And R you Sure that they Will Activate my account back or No ? Cuz it has Been 15 days that i cant login to my account .

• Linus says:

Please I really need your help in getting my Facebook accounts back or creating a new account, I have open more than 10 or more Facebook account but it all get block by Facebook immediately after opening the account. Thanks πŸ™

• Avinash S says:

Fb has noted down your IP, that’s why all ur 10 accounts got blocked!

Anyways, Open a new account from a new IP address which you never used! Try taking your Friend’s PC! πŸ™‚

• Please admin, I have gone thru your carefully and I have followed the step very well but everytime have completed “Step 4” and click on submit, It won’t take me to the “RESET YOUR PASSWORD” page, rather it will redirect me back to “step 4” again. I have tried it many times on different browser.
    Please kindly assist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Avinash S says:

Is this really your facebook account?

• kim says:

Avinash,

I have a huge problem, my fb account has been hacked, all has been changed and there is even a gmail account added which isnt mine, i cant even recover my yahoo mail password either coz the person who hacked my fb has also hacked my email address also, i tried your recovery method but it not work, what should i do? i nid to get into my fb pls

• Avinash S says:

<> Hello Kim, first of all, I wanna tell you 1 thing, this is not my* recovery method, it’s FB’s official method! πŸ˜€

Ok, now tell me at which step you got failed?

• Payal says:

Avinash, if somebody has done this with my account and before him I checked my account after 24 hours then what’s gonna happen? I mean then can I naturally open my account like before or there will be some problems like my gmail or anything else? the email I used before. can i use that email once again if he ha didn’t do anything after 24 hours?

• Lauren MacBook says:

If an account is permanently disabled, can you create a new one?

• Avinash S says:

Yes, you can!

But be careful this time, do not do any kind of mistakes. Use all the real details only like profile name, photo, DOB etc.

• Alven Lenores Stroud says:

Hi, my fb account got temporary disabled and I submitted my I.d as requested but after 24hrs I checked my email box and got a message from facebook that my account has been permanently disabled for violating facebook terms. Please what can I do to recover back my disabled fb account?

• Avinash S says:

As they said that “permanent disabled”, so you cannot get it back by following any methods, tricks.
      So forget about it! :/

• YnaHaron says:

I almost did it. But I failed in the step of the security question. FB said that I need to take a screenshot of my ID. I’m not redirected on the security question.

• Avinash S says:

Yup, at that step, now they introduced “Id proof submission” along with security question! It’s an update!

• Shardul says:

Hello,Is there any way to bypass the 24 hr time?

• >