How To Get Your Facebook Page Verified with Blue Badge.
Hello friends, Tricks99 is back again with this new post. I’ve seen a lot of people asking me about How to verify a facebook page. So I’ve decided to share some information regarding what I know about this facebook page verification topic. And I don’t like to give an introduction about What is Verified Profile or Page? ‘Coz everyone knows it. So I just like to directly come into the topic about how to verify your facebook page. 😉
Before we talk about facebook page/profile verification, let’s see about who can do this verification process. Just like some other blogs, I don’t directly say that ‘do this process to get your page verified’. Because, some readers may read that info and follow that steps and later gets disappointed with bad results. So I just love to be frank with my blog readers. So that’s why I want to share only genuine information. For some pages, facebook automatically verifies and gives verified symbol. I’ve two friends who have automatically got verified badge for their artist pages. But we can’t expect that our pages too get automatically verified. So that’s why I want to share some procedure by which we can get verified badge by manual process. So let’s dig into the topic,
Who are eligible for facebook page/profile verification?
1) Celebrities and public figures – sports, media, politics and entertainment.
2) Global brands and businesses.
3) Government Officials.
So if you belong to any of those above categories, you can get your facebook page verified. To be frank, a normal person or a common man cannot get a verified page. Also, local businesses aren’t eligible for verification. I’ve seen a lot of people who applied for verification and mostly all got failed. So try to understand that it’s not an easy task to get our page verified. Ok, now read the below methods and gain some knowledge about what to do to get verified.
What things should you have to verify your facebook page?
From the below list, you can submit any one of the proofs.
- Birth Certificate
- Drivers License
- Articles of Incorporation (if you represent a media, entertainment or sports company)
What things you should do before you apply for verification?
1) Make sure that you complete the ‘About section’ of your Page.
2) If you have an official website, then link your Fb page from that site. Which means, simply insert your page like box on your site.
Types of verification available for your facebook page:
- Automatic Verification by facebook
- Submitting proofs by filling out a form
- Manual Verification (by taking help of near by Fb offices) (This method mostly works for only people/artists/celebrities/businesses who already have some fame)
How to verify your facebook page:
UPDATE (JUN 2017):
Guys, I’m sorry to inform you that they completely removed “Form Verification method”, so none of the Fb Verification Form LINKS are working now! I’ll try to update you ASAP if I come to know any new form links!
So try your luck now,
Here we need to submit the proofs by filling out a form. I’m giving you the form link, so click the below Verification form button,
I guess I should not say this, well, If it is saying that “this page isn’t available” or , then try to apply USA proxy in your browser and then go to “https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/356341591197702”
[Update: Guys, I’ve seen in some blogs that, they are giving link of “Mentions Verification Request” instead of “Page Verification” in their posts! So that’s a wrong link. “Mentions Verification Request” form is for the people who already have verified facebook page and they want “Mentions” app. So don’t get confused! Anyways, just follow the links which I gave here!]
So go to that form which I gave above and follow as per the steps written there. Of course, I’m explaining all the steps here, so look at below part,
Step 1: Select your required page from the ‘Select Page’ dropdown box.
Step 2: Attach your proofs by clicking ‘Choose Files’.
Step 3: If you have an official website of your’s, then submit the link.
Step 4: Finally, click ‘Send’.
So when you have successfully done the process, you will receive a mail from facebook within a short time. And later, again you will get a mail about your verification status. So this is the official way to verify your Fb page.
I’ve seen some other ways like contacting some mediators who will charge money for getting your page verified. Or you can go yourself to your nearby facebook offices. Of course, if you contact any mediators, they will too ask you your proofs in order to submit them to facebook staff of whom they know. Or if you directly go to facebook office, you should submit any of the proofs representing that you’re eligible for blue badge. So whatever method it may be, you should submit proofs.
Also check: How to get a Job at Facebook.
False information which you should not believe:
1) Some people say on their blog that, in order to get our page verified, we should have more than 20,000 likes. But that was a false info, I’ve seen verified pages of having 3,000 likes, having 1,000 likes too. So it’s not about having more no of likes on your page. It’s all about whether you’re authentic or not.
2) Also, some blogs say that the other way to get your facebook page verified is by linking your Fb page to your official website. Well, in fact, this is the way to show ourselves that we’re authentic (real). But this doesn’t mean that you will get your page verified for sure. So what I want to say is, having a website and linking it with our Fb page is a great advantage for us to prove ourselves that we are real!! But just by simply linking our FB page to the website doesn’t make our page get verified automatically. So try to understand the logic here. 😀
So simply link your fb page and website, but don’t expect that it will verify your facebook page.
Well, if you don’t have a website and don’t have much knowledge about creating/running a website, then you can hire me for creating/managing your professional websites for low cost. 🙂 So to hire me, click here.
For more information regarding this topic, you can check the official FB help center page by clicking here.
So, how many days does it take for my facebook page to get verified if I go through Manual verification?
Ans) Well, as I’ve many friends who got their facebook pages verified via Manual verification and as I’ve seen a lot of verified pages, so based on my knowledge I’m sharing this!
For Celebrities, Sports, Music, Politics etc categories pages it takes 3-6 days!
For Business category pages it may take 7 – 45 days! (A lot of verification steps will be done, that’s why it can take up to 45 days) (I’m talking about Blue badge verification but not Grey badge! Grey badge verification is easy, it just takes few days only)
Note: Normal people can’t get verified by this manual verification method! You must be already having some fame in your field so that the fb staff will check and decide your verification!
You know, there will be some kind of people who share false information to just get their posts massive reach. So be careful with them. These are the only methods to get a facebook page verified as I’ve done a lot of research regarding this topic and I’ve friends who get verified pages. So if you have any doubts or suggestions, you can leave your comments below. 🙂